Western Serbia Route
Western Serbia Route
Brace yourself for a unique Serbian experience! Visit the beautiful mountainside of Western Serbia and enjoy the renowned ethno villages and specialties. Enrich yourselves with a taste of life in the Balkans. Take a piece of Serbia with You.
– scenic landscapes and gentle slopes of Zlatibor,
– Zlatibor Lake,
– scenic hiking routes to Čigota filled with pinewoods, therapeutical for the people with thyroid gland problems,
– mountain and River Tara with its scenic views and crystal clear water,
– monastery and Pension Soko Grad,
– famous scenic railroad Šarganska Osmica,
– “Wooden City” Mećavnik built by Emir Kusturica,
– 200 – year old Ethno Village Sirogojno,
– handmade arts and crafts form Sirogojno, which are the latest fashion trend in the ethno styles,.
– stopića Cave.
Day 2: Sunday
Breakfast. Sightseeing on Zlatibor with a shuttle with several stops. Lunch and rest. Hiking tour to Cigota. Dinner and rest.
Day 3: Monday [Field Trip 1]
Breakfast. Departure for Mokra Gora. Ride on the scenic railroad Sarganska Osmica, which was the location for the filming of Emir Kusturica movie Life is a Miracle. Arrival at Mecavnik, “Wooden City” which was designed and constructed by the famous director. Departure for Bajina Bašta with a stop for sightseeing of the lake. Return to Zlatibor. Dinner and rest.
Day 4: Tuesday [Field Trip 2]
Breakfast. Departure for Sirogojno. Tour of the Ethno – Village and the museum. Shopping for handmade arts and craft, for which this area is famous for. Ethnic lunch and return to Zlatibor with a stop for the tour of Stopica Cave. Dinner and rest.
Day 5: Wednesday [Field Trip 3]
Breakfast. Departure for Soko Grad near Ljubovija with a visit to the monastery. Lunch. Trip to Kozja Stena, the most scenic view from Mt. Tara. Return to Zlatibor. Dinner and rest.
Day 6: Thursday
Breakfast. Free time before lunch. After the luncha a scenic hiking tour. After the hiking tour some rest and dinner. Good Bye Party and rest.
Day 7: Friday
Return to Belgrade. Lunch in Belgrade. Tour of sights and NATO bombing ruins with a local guide. Dinner and Goodbye Party on one of the famous rafts in Belgrade. Rest.
Day 8: Saturday
Early breakfast. Transfer to Belgrade Airport
– you will eat healthy food and as a souvenir you will take some specialties with you,
– clean and fresh mountain air at high altitudes which is of benefit for the people with respiratory problems,
– participate in health and fitness program on Čigota,
– take a bath or drink water from crystal clear rivers on Tara and Zlatibor,
– have a relaxing holiday in the parts of Serbia where nature is unaffected by industrial development,
– surprise gift.
– 7 Nights with Half Board,
– 8 lunches,
– 2 Transfers,
– 3 Field Trips.
Guide Service: 2 persons, Tickets and Fees for all locations.
A unique Serbian experience awaits You. Unique tours offered by outdoor open the doors to the hidden treasures of Serbian nature and culture. Visit the crossroads of Western and Eastern civilization and the region that forged much of the European history. Once You leave, take a piece of Serbia in Your heart. Program is based on minimum 6 persons.