Tag Archives: Vrsac

Romantika Tourist train – one day excursion

Romantika Tourist train – one day excursion
In the special offer of the Serbian Railways there are 1 day excursion with “Romance” to: Sremski Karlovci, Smederevo, Vrnjačka Banja, Palic, Požarevac, Vršac. Ticket price includes: Seat reservation, Transport of one bicycle, Free parking place at the Belgrade Railway Station on the day when the ticket is valid.Selling places:
– Belgrade Railway Station desk no. 10
– Vuk’s Monument Station tel: 011 337 – 00 – 47
– KSR Belgrade turs Agency 5m. Milovanovica Street, tel: 011 641 – 258
– KSR Belgrade turs Agency 21 Decanska Street, tel: 011 323 – 53 – 35
– KSR Belgrade turs Agency Novi Sad, 4 Mileticeva Street, tel: 021 621 – 987
– Zelturist Travel Agency 52 – 54 Balkanska Street, tel: 011 683 – 056, 683 – 046You can get more information at the Direction for the Passenger Transport of the Public of the Serbian Railways, working Days from 8.00am to 4.00pm.

Wine Routes of Serbia – Vršac vineyards

Wine Routes of Serbia - Vršac vineyards, Serbian Vineyards Tour, Bus transport, Visiting Mesić monastery, Lunch in "Sv. Nikola" restaurant, Gudurica village
Wine Routes of Serbia – Vršac vineyards
Visiting the town of vine. Vršac, the town under a tower, is located 82km from Belgrade [a little more than one hour of a pleasant ride]. Vršac is one of those towns that are reasonably proud of its past and intensive development of the cultural life. In the past, this town was under a continual and intensive cultural development, with great intellectual circles of artists, long theater tradition and permanent literary life.Vršac is a town which still amazes with its old architecture. However, this town “under the tower” is still in the process of urbanization, conformed to contemporary needs of the modern man, but with tendency of keeping the old center with its unique architecture.In the history of this area, the first mention of vineyards dates from the middle of 1st century. In 1494, the royal court of Hungarian king Vladislav II, paid 10, 5 golden forints for a half of a barrel of Vršac wine. Turkish writer Evlija Čelebija writes in his itineraries from 1660. and 1664. about Vršac and its vineyards with crimson, delicious, sweet grape, scattered around hills.Program:
08:00 Departure from Belgrade from assigned place;
10:00 Arrival to Vršac, the tow of vine. Short rest, meeting with the guide and town detour: Vladičanski dvor, Saborna crkva, Apoteka na stepenicama, Sv. Gerhard cathedral;
12:00 Visiting Mesić monastery, 14th century endowment of Jovan the Baptist, 9km from Vršac;
12: 45 “Kula” site / town panorama
14:00 Lunch in “Sv. Nikola” restaurant [Banatian lunch]
14: 50 WINE PATH
16:00 Gudurica wine cellar ”Vršački vinogradi”, degustation
17:00 Veliko Središte wine cellar ”Đorđa Krstov-a”, degustation;
17: 50 Free time for individual activities

The arrangement includes:
– Transportation by bus;
– Services of the local guide;
– Lunch in “Sv. Nikola” restaurant
– Services in the wine cellars including wine degustation / quiz diplomas [Vršac vineyards]…
– Sightseeing
– Organization and other expenses of the arrangement

This unique tour offers you following possibilities:
– A visit to “Vršački vinogradi” wine cellar with capacity of 3.420 wagons and modern equipment for wine manufacture and care.
– Visiting a large part of vineyard plantations [from altogether 1.700 ha]
– Visiting famous old wine cellars in Gudurica and Veliko središte villages near Vršac, where you will see cellars and degust selected sorts of wine in company of wine makers.
Minimal number of passengers is 40.

The agency keeps the right of canceling the excursion if not enough passengers had applied

Tourist Train Romantika

Tourist Train Romantika

In the special offer of the Serbian Railways there are one – day excursions with “Romance” to: Srremski Karlovci, Smederevo, Vrnjačka Banja, Palic, Požarevac, Vršac. Ticket price includes: Seat reservation, Transport of one bicycle, Free parking place at the Belgrade Railway Station on the day when the ticket is valid.

Selling places:
– Belgrade Railway Station desk no. 10
– Vuk’s Monument Station tel: 011 337 – 00 – 47
– KSR Belgradeturs Agency 5m. Milovanovica Street, tel: 011 641 – 258
– KSR Belgradeturs Agency 21 Decanska Street, tel: 011 323 – 53 – 35
– KSR Belgradeturs Agency Novi Sad, 4 Mileticeva Street, tel: 021 621 – 987
– Agencija Recreatours 3 Dragoslava Jovanovica Street, tel: 011 323 – 05 – 58
– Five Star Agency 10 Student’s Square, tel: 011 328 – 50 – 78, 328 – 46 – 51
– Zelturist Travel Agency 52 – 54 Balkanska Street, tel: 011 683 – 056, 683 – 046
– Ponta Agency 47 Kralja Milana Street, tel: 011 334 – 40 – 84, 324 – 02 – 94
– Magelan Agency Novi Sad, 23 Zmaj Jovina, tel: 021 420 – 680, 065 624 – 35 – 26

You can get more information at the Direction for the Passenger Transport of the Public of the Serbian Railways, working Days from 8.00am to 4.00pm.

City Vrsac, Serbia / Vojvodina

City Vrsac, Serbia / Vojvodina

Eighty five kilometres away from Belgrade at the borders of Romanian Transylvania, a town of 40,000 population being a long time the economic and cultural centre of the region. Vrsac has been known by its young and fruited wine, but also by its agreeable climate. In fact, lent to the greenish hills of Vrsacki Breg [641 m high] the town has been emanating an agreeable atmosphere favourable to walks. Thus, passing the palaces and churches constructed in XIX century, then the hills till the height of the town, wherefrom there is a splendid view of the planes of Banat. This greenish framework and the clean air at an hour on the road from the Serbian capital have been explaining numerous sport successes of the national teams in the basket ball and the volley ball, as well as the first most Westward hotel in Serbia-Montenegro.

Since the Middle Ages Vrsac has been the capital of Banat, and its contacts with Romania had always allowed it to develop a flourishing commerce. This is what could be seen in the beauty and richness of particular public buildings.

Since the Neolithic period the site of Vrsac, like those of Vatin and Mesic in the close environment, had developed a particular form of dwelling and of the community life. In the Roman period the hill of Vrsac had been utilised to install a watch tower, and nowadays this is a favourite place to the inhabitants to take walks in. This particular place has been explaining the development of a commercial town since the XIV century when the name of the town appeared for the first time in the official register. In XIV and XV centuries the town had alternatively passed from the Serbian suzerainty to the Hungarian domination. Between 1552 and 1717 Vrsac had been under the Turkish domination. In that period there were two towns: the Serbian upper town and the German lower town. In 1804 the Austrian Emperor had granted to it the status of a free town. This would give the town a commercial impulse. In XIX century it had got many theatres and lyceums and had seen the flourishing of great Serbian names of arts and literature: the painters Nikola Neskovic and Paja Jovanovic, the dramaturge Jovan Popovic, and additionally the poet Vasko Popa. Still today there are numerous cultural manifestations such as the “Golden Autumns” or the “Biennale of the Youth”. They are the signs of a never stopped vitality

Magistrat – Mayoralty. In what today is the Mayoralty there is a surprising edifice being the symbol of the town. Constructed in 1860 by the German engineer from Temisuara, this red and white palace overhead by a very Venetian dome in a corner has been of the purest New Art style.

Cofmanova Palata – Cofman”s Palace. In front of the Mayoralty a larger neo-Renaissance edifice built in 1872 by the brewer Jovan Cofman destined to receive his offices and to represent his beer brand this two story had later served as a merchant gallery with the shops rented by the rich German entrepreneurs.

Vladicanski Dvor – The Bishop”s Palace, Dvorska ulica 20. This very nice neoclassical palace had been built from 1750 to 1757 by the orthodox bishop Jovan Georgijevic to establish here the residence of the eparchy of Banat. With the chapel of St. Michael and Gabriel the palace makes an ensemble approaching the palaces of Venice, with its monumental entrance in the forged iron and its slate roof in the selected shapes. In the inside the chapel contains an iconostasis in the baroque style organized around a great representation of Christ. It has been the work by the painter Nikola Neskovic. In the palace there has been a gallery with the pictures of the bishops since the XVIII century, as well as numerous manuscripts and religious objects.

Kula Donjon. On the hill dominating the East of the town there is a donjon from the XV century offering a magnificent view. Seventeen meters high and 6 meters wide, this tower, constructed in the place of the Roman garrison made part of the destroyed fortress of the “Belgrade Peace” signed by Turks and Austrians in 1739. In fact, the Turks having been engaged three times to take it, had lost it finally in 1717 to the Eugene of Savoy troops. This is today the favourite by the people of the town.

call.center@booking-hotels.biz
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons