Fruška Gora Monasteries
Fruška Gora monasteries represent a unique group of sacral objects founded in the period from 15th to 18th century. 15 out of 35 monasteries that were built are preserved till today. As cultural and historical values, they are under protection of UNESCO. Throuhgt history, these monasteries have represented a symbol of the Serbian resistance to the Turkish Empire and protectors of the great national treasure – sacral art and architecture, keeping the spirit and collective memory of the nation. Still active monasteries are: Krušedol, Petkovica, Rakovac, Velika Remeta, Novo Hopovo, Staro Hopovo, Jazak, Mala Remeta, Grgeteg, Beočin, Privina Glava, Šišatovac, Kuvezedin, and Vrdnik – Ravanica.
Program: 08.00 Departure from Belgrade from the assigned place.
A ride to Fruska Gora and a visit to number of monasteries in wide area of the Iriški Venac site. Visiting Hopovo monastery – one of the most significant cultural monuments in which Dositej Obradović stayed and received education. Visiting Krušedol monastery, which represents the store of the Vojvodinian baroque painting.
Lunch in the “Četiri lava” restaurant in Sremski Karlovci.
Sremski Karlovci detour which consists of visiting the Patriarch court – with entering the store and the Serbian Orthodox Church Museum, and Karlovci high school – with entering the festival hall and the library of the Magistrat, the town building, with the balcony from which the jurisdiction over Serbian Vojvodina was given to its people, in 1848. Visiting Stražilovo picnic place, 4km from Sremski Karlovci, where the grave of the poet Branko Radičević lies. 20:00 Return to Belgrade.
– Transportation by Minivan tourist class minivan [CD player]
– Transportation by bus tourist class bus [high floor, TV/CD player, air condition].
Price of the arrangement includes:
– Transportation [bus or minivan]
– Visiting Hopovo and Krušedol monasteries
– Tickets for sites and visits to cultural facilities: Visiting Petrovaradin citadel and Museum of Novi Sad, Patriarchate court, Serbian Orthodox Church Museum, Karlovci high school.
– Lunch in the “Četiri lava” restaurant in u Sremski Karlovci
– Services of the local guide
– Accompanist from the agency
– Trip organization and guidance
Minimal number of passengers is 35 for bus and 14 for mini-van.