Experience Serbia: Open-air Museum Kalenić Monastery
In the hearth of Šumadija, on the slopes of the Gledičke Mountains, there is one of the most pleasant parts of Central Serbia, hilly landscape full of clear springs, rivers, gorges, medical herbs, game… It is a grove decorated with picturesque natural attractions, better known as Levac. It can also be recognized by the Kalenić Monastery, spiritual and cultural center, of which protected area we care. Open – air Museum “Kalenić” acquaints visitors with authentic experience and tradition, customs, history and culture of Levac, national kitchen, correlates with domestic and wild animals in nature. Youngest devotees of nature and healthy life can express their creativity and research spirit within the educational workshops in healthy and attractive natural environment:Leaving Belgrade at 7:00 AM Arrival at Kalenic at 11:00 AM from 11:00h until 17:00h
– familiarizing with the old handy crafts and participating in making toys and souvenirs of natural materials [weaving, spinning, knitting, basket weaving…],
– visit to the Monastery; a lesson about Despot Stefan Lazarević,
– presentation of the folk architecture and traditional usable things [visit to the households],
– participating in the workshop of fine arts [presentation of Janko Baršić naïve art school],
– recreation in nature, learning old children’s games, familiarizing with natural lair of animals, plants, bird watching…
– familiarizing with domestic animals and ways of cultivating land, planting and growing, cereals, fruits and vegetables,
– enjoying honey and its products,
– visit to a watermill and manifestation of grinding wheat,
– participating in the production of homemade dishes and products [bred baking, curdling, making jam, drying fruit, making soaps…].
Workshops are adjusted to juvenile; a lot of games, songs and careless socializing in pure nature.
Arrival at Belgrade around 09:00 PM