Category Archives: Karadjordje Petrovic
Tour highlights: Visit to Mt. Kopaonik. Most visited mountain is Serbia and the largest skiing center.Rafting on River Ibar. A wild, but safe adventure. Visit to Mitrovo Polje and a bath in mineral springs. Visit to monasteries Studenica, Ljubostinja and Vraćevišnica. Visit to Vrnjačka and Bukovička Banja spas.
Reside on Goc, a mountian rich with forests and one of the most scenic places in Serbia:
– Visit to ethno village Kostunici and the plant for treatment and packing of forest fruits.
– Visit to historic monuments of the 1st and 2nd Rebelion Against the Turks.
– Visit to the hometown and residence of the serbian leader Karadjordje.
– Visit to the church and mausoleum of the Karadjordjevic Dinasty. Including the visit to royal wine cellars.
– Visit to Belgrade with sightseeing and an unforgetable night on one of the rafts.
Day 2: Saturday
Breakfast. Departure for Usce. From there a rafting trip downstream of River Ibar, 25km long. Visit to Monastery Studenica from 12th century. Lucnh in the monastery. Return to Kopanik. Dinner and rest.
Day 3: Sunday
Breakfast. Sightseeing of the ski resort [option is a hike to Pancicev Vrh 2, 016m]. Ride to Mitrovo Polje witha bath in the Mineral Springs. Quick stop for a visit to Monastery Ljubostinja from 14th century. Degustation of the famous wine at the monastery and brandy. Lunch and sightseeing in Vrnjačka Banja Spa. Departure for Mt. Goc. Accommodation in cottages, hotel Piramida. Dinner and rest.
Day 4: Monday
Breakfast. Hiking on the slopes of Mt. Goc to the Velike Livade and Kavgalija Peaks. On the return an outdoor lunch [roast lamb] in the nature. Afternoon rest and use of the sport facilities. Diner and rest.
Day 5: Tuesday
Breakfast. Departure for ethno – village Kostunici. Stop for a visit to Monastery Vracevsnica and Takovo along the way. Ethnil lunch in Savinac village. Arrival at Kostunici. Accommodation, dinner and rest.
Day 6: Wedresday
Breakfast. Visit to the plant for packaging of forrest fruit and shopping. Continuing to Topola over Mt. Rudnik. Visit to the monument from the First Rebellion Against the Turks in 1804. and a visit to Oplenac. Visit to St. George’s church and mausoleum of the Karadjordjevic Dinasty. Lunch in Oplenac with wine degustation from the royal cellars. Continuing to Bukovicka Banja Spa and a visit to the famous mineral springs in Arandjelovac. Accommodation, dinner and rest.
Day 7: Thursday
Breakfast. Departure for Belgrade by minibus. Lunch in Belgrade. Sightseeing tour of the city and NATO bombing ruins. Accommodation in hotel. Goodbye Party with dinner and music on one of the famous rafts in Belgrade. Rest.
Day 8: Friday
Early breakfast. Transfer to Belgrade Airport
– Eat healthy ethnic food and take kajmak from Kopaonik and forest fruits from Kostunici as souvenirs with you.
– Spend time in the fresh mountain air, beneficial for people with respiratory problems.
– Relax and enjoy nature the ancient way.
– Receive a surprise gift.
– 7 half boards
– 6 lunches
– A number of transfers
– Guide Service: 2 + 1
– Tickets for all locations
08:00 Departure from Belgrade from the assigned place.
09:00 A ride to Topola. Visiting Karađorđe’s town, which consists of a mansion and a church, today a museum in which Karađorđe’s personal belongings are being kept.
10:00 Leaving for Oplenac and visiting St. Djordje church – the mausoleum of Karadjordjevic family.
11:00 Visiting Risovača cave near Aranđelovac, which is one of the oldest evidences about human existence in the entire Balkan peninsula.
12:00 Arrival to Aranđelovac. Visiting the Museum, where many acheological, ethnological, historical and art objects are being kept.
13:00 Lunch in the ″Park″ restaurant. Free time. A walk throught the Bukovička banja Park, an idyllic place rich with various plant species.
15:00 Leaving to “Marićevića Jaruga” in the Orašac village, 4km from Aranđelovac, where the First Serbian Rising began.
16:00 Continuing the journey to Velika Plana and visiting Koporin monastery, endowment of Stefan Lazarević from 1408.
19:00 Return to Belgrade.Transportation:
– Transportation by Minivan tourist class minivan [CD player]
– Transportation by bus tourist class bus [high floor, TV/CD player, air condition].
Price of the arrangement includes:
– Transportation [bus or minivan]
– Lunch in the “Park” restaurant
– Visits and tickets for: historical complex in Topola and Oplenac, Museum in Arandjelovac, Risovača cave, the church, the school, the Museum and Karadjordje’s monument in Orašac
– Services of the local guide
– Accompanist from the agency
– Trip organization and guidance
Minimal number of passengers is 35 for bus and 14 for minivan.