Category Archives: Sumadija
In the hearth of Šumadija, on the slopes of the Gledičke Mountains, there is one of the most pleasant parts of Central Serbia, hilly landscape full of clear springs, rivers, gorges, medical herbs, game… It is a grove decorated with picturesque natural attractions, better known as Levac. It can also be recognized by the Kalenić Monastery, spiritual and cultural center, of which protected area we care. Open – air Museum “Kalenić” acquaints visitors with authentic experience and tradition, customs, history and culture of Levac, national kitchen, correlates with domestic and wild animals in nature. Youngest devotees of nature and healthy life can express their creativity and research spirit within the educational workshops in healthy and attractive natural environment:Leaving Belgrade at 7:00 AM Arrival at Kalenic at 11:00 AM from 11:00h until 17:00h
– familiarizing with the old handy crafts and participating in making toys and souvenirs of natural materials [weaving, spinning, knitting, basket weaving…],
– visit to the Monastery; a lesson about Despot Stefan Lazarević,
– presentation of the folk architecture and traditional usable things [visit to the households],
– participating in the workshop of fine arts [presentation of Janko Baršić naïve art school],
– recreation in nature, learning old children’s games, familiarizing with natural lair of animals, plants, bird watching…
– familiarizing with domestic animals and ways of cultivating land, planting and growing, cereals, fruits and vegetables,
– enjoying honey and its products,
– visit to a watermill and manifestation of grinding wheat,
– participating in the production of homemade dishes and products [bred baking, curdling, making jam, drying fruit, making soaps…].
Workshops are adjusted to juvenile; a lot of games, songs and careless socializing in pure nature.
Arrival at Belgrade around 09:00 PM
08:00 Departure from Belgrade from the assigned place.
09:00 A ride to Topola. Visiting Karađorđe’s town, which consists of a mansion and a church, today a museum in which Karađorđe’s personal belongings are being kept.
10:00 Leaving for Oplenac and visiting St. Djordje church – the mausoleum of Karadjordjevic family.
11:00 Visiting Risovača cave near Aranđelovac, which is one of the oldest evidences about human existence in the entire Balkan peninsula.
12:00 Arrival to Aranđelovac. Visiting the Museum, where many acheological, ethnological, historical and art objects are being kept.
13:00 Lunch in the ″Park″ restaurant. Free time. A walk throught the Bukovička banja Park, an idyllic place rich with various plant species.
15:00 Leaving to “Marićevića Jaruga” in the Orašac village, 4km from Aranđelovac, where the First Serbian Rising began.
16:00 Continuing the journey to Velika Plana and visiting Koporin monastery, endowment of Stefan Lazarević from 1408.
19:00 Return to Belgrade.Transportation:
– Transportation by Minivan tourist class minivan [CD player]
– Transportation by bus tourist class bus [high floor, TV/CD player, air condition].
Price of the arrangement includes:
– Transportation [bus or minivan]
– Lunch in the “Park” restaurant
– Visits and tickets for: historical complex in Topola and Oplenac, Museum in Arandjelovac, Risovača cave, the church, the school, the Museum and Karadjordje’s monument in Orašac
– Services of the local guide
– Accompanist from the agency
– Trip organization and guidance
Minimal number of passengers is 35 for bus and 14 for minivan.
Western Serbia Tour
Brace yourself for a unique Serbian experience! Visit the beautiful mountainside of Western Serbia and enjoy the renowned ethno villages and specialties. Enrich yourselves with a taste of life in the Balkans. Take a piece of Serbia with You.
– scenic landscapes and gentle slopes of Zlatibor,
– Zlatibor Lake,
– scenic hiking routes to Čigota filled with pinewoods, therapeutical for the people with thyroid gland problems,
– mountain and River Tara with its scenic views and crystal clear water,
– monastery and Pension Soko Grad,
– famous scenic railroad Šarganska Osmica,
– “Wooden City” Mećavnik built by Emir Kusturica,
– 200 – year old Ethno Village Sirogojno,
– handmade arts and crafts form Sirogojno, which are the latest fashion trend in the ethno styles,
– Stopića Cave.
Day 2: Sunday
Breakfast. Sightseeing on Zlatibor with a shuttle with several stops. Lunch and rest. Hiking tour to Cigota. Dinner and rest.
Day 3: Monday [Field Trip 1]
Breakfast. Departure for Mokra Gora. Ride on the scenic railroad Sarganska Osmica, which was the location for the filming of Emir Kusturica movie Life is a Miracle. Arrival at Mecavnik, “Wooden City” which was designed and constructed by the famous director. Departure for Bajina Bašta with a stop for sightseeing of the lake. Return to Zlatibor. Dinner and rest.
Day 4: Tuesday [Field Trip 2]
Breakfast. Departure for Sirogojno. Tour of the Ethno – Village and the museum. Shopping for handmade arts and craft, for which this area is famous for. Ethnic lunch and return to Zlatibor with a stop for the tour of Stopica Cave. Dinner and rest.
Day 5: Wednesday [Field Trip 3]
Breakfast. Departure for Soko Grad near Ljubovija with a visit to the monastery. Lunch. Trip to Kozja Stena, the most scenic view from Mt. Tara. Return to Zlatibor. Dinner and rest.
Day 6: Thursday
Breakfast. Free time before lunch. After the lunch a scenic hiking tour. After the hiking tour some rest and dinner. Good Bye Party and rest.
Day 7: Friday
Return to Belgrade. Lunch in Belgrade. Tour of sights and NATO bombing ruins with a local guide. Dinner and Goodbye Party on one of the famous rafts in Belgrade. Rest.
Day 8: Saturday
Early breakfast. Transfer to Belgrade Airport
– you will eat healthy food and as a souvenir you will take some specialties with you,
– clean and fresh mountain air at high altitudes which is of benefit for the people with respiratory problems,
– participate in health and fitness program on Čigota,
– take a bath or drink water from crystal clear rivers on Tara and Zlatibor,
– have a relaxing holiday in the parts of Serbia where nature is unaffected by industrial development,
– surprise gift.
– 7 Nights with Half Board,
– 8 lunches,
– 2 Transfers,
– 3 Field Trips.
Guide Service: 2 persons, Tickets and Fees for all locations.
A unique Serbian experience awaits You. Unique tours offered by Outdoor open the doors to the hidden treasures of Serbian nature and culture. Visit the crossroads of Western and Eastern civilization and the region that forged much of the European history. Once You leave, take a piece of Serbia in Your heart. Program is based on minimum 6 persons.